With the new Import Users Add-on, you can easily import users to your WordPress website. The add-on allows you to import users from a CSV file and then connect them to the registration form.
- Firstly, you need to purchase the plugin User Registration – Import Users add-on.
- After the successful purchase, you will get the plugin zip file under your WPEverest account page.
- Now, you can download the plugin zip file from there.
- Through your WordPress Dashboard, visit Plugins -> Add New -> Upload and then choose the downloaded zip file and then install and activate it.
- Now you are ready to use this add-on for your site.
Importing the Users from CSV #
To do the importing task, you need to locate the Import Users options in the settings. You can find it in User Registration > Settings > Import/Export > Import Users
You may refer to the markers on the screenshot below for more clarity.
For importing the Users to your WordPress site, you will need two things as shown in the screenshot below:
1. Registration Form
2. CSV file containing users data
You must have a registration form made using the User Registration plugin with all the necessary form fields so that you can map the CSV file fields to the Registration form fields.
—Select the form that you want to use for importing users in the “Select form to import users” dropdown.
Next, you must have a CSV file containing the user’s data for importing it to the site. Please note that no other files are supported except for CSV file types.
—Click on the “Browse File” button and then select the CSV file containing users’ information.
After that, Click on the “Map CSV” button.
After you click on the “Map CSV” button, you will be able to see the listing of your form fields on the left and the listing of your CSV fields on the right.
Now, you need to map the CSV fields with the proper Form fields. For example, email to email, name to name and so no.
After you are done mapping, click on the “Import Users” button.
The importing will process and after it is done, you will see a success message as a notice as shown in the screenshot below.
Please note that if the number of users is large then it might take some time depending on your hosting speed and internet speed.
Why is the importing failing? #
However, if the importing is unsuccessful due to some reasons then you will see a notice stating that the import was not successful. You will also be able to download the list of users who could not be imported due to certain reasons by clicking on the Download button in the notice.
The common reasons why importing can fail are:
1. Improper Mapping of Fields. For example, the CSV field “First Name” is mapped to the Form Field “Email”.
2. User Already Exists. For example, a user with the email “[email protected]” is present in the CSV file but someone is already registered on your site with that email.
There could be other cases too. In such situations where you are stuck and cannot figure a way out, you can always contact our support team here.